A journey into the past
It all began in 1407. Well, probably slightly earlier, but this is the year that the first records of the Scharrerhof date back to – although it was not called that at the time. Until the 17th century, the estate was known as the "Schmiedlehen" (blacksmith).
It was not until the 17th and 18th century that the "Scharrergut" was formed from several small "Lehen" (fiefs), or rather "Viertellehen" (land that was divided into four fiefs). Thus, the "Geigenlehen" (violin maker) and "Werndlehen" (gun maker) fiefs were added to the former "Schmiedlehen or Scharrerlehen" (blacksmith or resin maker), among others. We have named our three houses after these.
The name "Scharrer" is derived from the former owners.